I am a qualified Ayurvedic Therapist that has a passion to help people be the best they can be. Xx
What is Abhyanga
Abhyanga is the ancient Indian (Sanskrit) word for massage.
Full body massage or, Abhyanga, is a beautiful massage that flows up and down the body along the energy lines to restore vital energy or prana to the body. The pressure varies so isn’t a ’deep tissue’ massage, instead the pressure changes per body area.
Abhyanga uses herbal oils, and more oil than a regular massage. It is recommended that you leave the oil on for around 30 minutes and then take a warm bath.
The benefits of Abhyanga:
- Increases energy
- Balances the nervous system
- Increases blood circulation
- Reduces joint pain and increases flexibility
- Cleanses the lymphatic system
- Reduces fatty tissues
- Eases stress-related problems
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves sleep – better, deeper sleep
- Boosts immunity
- Rejuvenates body, mind and soul
- Softens and soothes the skin
- Nourishes the entire body